Friday 17 December 2010

Top 5 Interlude - Do The Shuffle


Regular readers will have noticed the lack of top fives recently. Usual story, busy at work, busy at home, not enough time to spend doing trivial things that keep me happy. I'm planning to get a Christmas one up next week but in the meantime here's something a little different.

My friend Michelle recently passed this on to me via Facebook. Follow the instructions below and see what set of songs pops up. For me it was probably as good an indicator of my current taste in music as any of my Top Fives. I've tagged a few people via Facebook and will reproduce their replies in the comments section below. I reckon there is a Sony award winning radio show in this.

Most important rule - be honest. Don't keep shuffling forward for "cooler" songs.

1.) Turn on your MP3 player or the music player on your computer.
2.) Go to SHUFFLE mode. Hit the play all songs button.
3.) Write down the first 15 songs that come up - title and artist.
4.) If you're doing this on Facebook create your own note and choose 20 people (or how ever many you like) to be tagged. Please make sure to tag me! If you're just doing this via the blog let me know what you get in the comments box below.

Dave's 15 Shuffle tracks

01. Mojo Pin - Jeff Buckley
02. Paper Planes - M.I.A.
03. The City Consumes Us - The Delgados
04. Addicted - Amy Winehouse
05. Daddy, Daddy - The Birds
06. Hold On, Hold On - Neko Case
07. Let's Get Funky - Hound Dog Taylor & The Houserocker's
08. Serve The Servants - Nirvana
09. China Doll - Julian Cope
10. I Saw Her In A Mustang - The Vandals
11. Monkey Gone To Heaven - Pixies
12. Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle - Nirvana
13. No Feelings - The Sex Pistols
14. Stork & Owl - TV on the Radio
15. Two Beads At The End - Minutemen

I'm really pleased with the results, in my head this makes me look cool, eccletic and informed. In reality most of you will either be thinking "what a rubbish set of songs" or "who the hell are the Minutemen".

2 comments:

Rich said...

Probably doing this wrong, but:

01: Pennies from Haven - Dave Brubeck Quartet
02: Cities of Fire - Blue Oyster Cult
03: No bones - Dinosaur Jr
04: Joy - John Coltrane
05: Doreen - Frank Zappa
06: Broken Face - Pixies
07: Megaton B-Boy 2000 - Handsome Boy Modelling School
08: Letter from home - DJ Shadow
09: Going through the motions - Aimee Mann
10: Friend of the devil (live) - Grateful Dead
11: St Stephen (live) - Grateful Dead
12: Keep your head - The Ting Tings
13: Red Eyes and Tears - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
14: Get up and go - Damone
15: Reeferendum - Fluke

Jon said...

‎01: Got To Get You Into My Life - The Beatles
02: Dazed & Confused - Led Zeppelin
03: Nature_1 - Muse
04: Widecombe Fair - Show of Hands
05: 20th Century Boy - T Rex
06: Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac
07: Endlessly - Muse
08: Waterfront Migration - 3rd World Electric
09: Mayhem - Imelda May
10: Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
11: Where The Earth Meets The Sky - Karmakanic
12: Pigeons - Genesis (there had to be one!)
13: Jordrök - Änglagård
14: We Made It - Linkin Park
15: Reach Out And Touch - Diana Ross