Friday 8 August 2014

Top 50 Debut Albums - Introduction

The last few months I've been working out my 50 favourite debut albums with the intention of counting these down on Twitter via @Chops_Top_Fives.

It's quite a big task so obviously that's taken it's toll on my ability to write some new top fives. To make it "pay it's way" I've decided to squeeze a few blog posts out of it so, barring any last minute changes of plan, I am going with the tried and trusted national newspaper click generation method of one album one post.

That's fair warning that the next few days/weeks/months will be a fairly extensive slog through my list. I apologise now.



This Top 50 list follows similar efforts for Seventies and Nineties albums and has been largely orchestrated by @StaggerLee30. I will round everything up with a full top 50 post at the end so you don't need to follow every post, in the meantime you can catch up with some of the other best Debut lists via @CLButler76‘s List of Lists page

There's been a great array of lists so far and the one common thread in all of them is they seem very personal to the person compiling the list. I've followed the same tack, so there are several entries that mean a lot to me but might not be considered truly great albums and likewise some truly great albums I decided I had to leave out.

Whatever you think of the list I hope you find something you've not heard before you like. Start the journey here >>> Top 50 Debut Albums number 50

.

No comments: