Wednesday 7 December 2016

Musical Advent Day 7: "Gardenia" Iggy Pop



Iggy & Bowie both making my songs of the year list. I didn't really think about this as I was deciding which songs would make the cut but I'm glad my choices cover new artists still in their teens through to established legends approaching their seventies. Gardenia was the lead single from the Post Pop Depression album, Iggy's collaboration with Josh Homme.

Homme has something of the magic touch when it comes to collaborating and seems to have brought the best out of Iggy. One of my regrets of the year was not catching this band live on their short tour of the UK. The band, featuring Queen of the Stone Age's Dean Fertita and, more unexpectedly, Arctic Monkeys' drummer Matt Helders, sounded tight and seemed to have a lot of fun playing together.

No comments: