Wednesday 8 April 2015

50 years of tunes - 1976 - Ramones "Ramones"

I love the first four or five Ramones albums a lot but their debut remains my absolute favourite. It was the first I heard, has killer tunes from start to finish and set the template for a career blending Johnny's psycho guitar thrashing with Joey's love of great pop tunes. There are fourteen brilliant songs in under thirty minutes. I don't think rock'n'roll gets any better than this.

1976 - Ramones "Ramones"

Released: February 1976
Label: Sire
Producer: Craig Leon

Side one:
1. "Blitzkrieg Bop" (Tommy Ramone, Dee Dee Ramone)
2. "Beat on the Brat" (Joey Ramone)
3. "Judy Is a Punk" (Joey Ramone)
4. "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" (Tommy Ramone)
5. "Chain Saw" (Joey Ramone)
6. "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue" (Dee Dee Ramone)
7. "I Don't Wanna Go Down to the Basement" (Dee Dee Ramone, Johnny Ramone)

Side two:
8. "Loudmouth" (Dee Dee Ramone, Johnny Ramone)
9. "Havana Affair" (Dee Dee Ramone, Johnny Ramone)
10. "Listen to My Heart" (Dee Dee Ramone)
11. "53rd & 3rd" (Dee Dee Ramone)
12. "Let's Dance" (Jim Lee)
13. "I Don't Wanna Walk Around with You" (Dee Dee Ramone)
14. "Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World" (Dee Dee Ramone)




.

No comments: