Largely due to my obsession with keeping my TiVo below 30% I watched quite a bit of telly this year. In between the bland & average there was some brilliant original television.
1. Deutschland 83 (Series 1) - Jonas Nay was simply fabulous as a naive Stasi double agent. This had thrills aplenty, a great cast and exhuberantly colourful cinematography.
2. Fleabag (Series 1) - Brilliant if very black comedy. Great writing & performance from Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
3. The Night Manager (Series 1) - A heart stopping John Le Carre thriller with the odd bit of silliness. Hugh Laurie excels as the fantastically nasty villain.
4. Trapped (Series 1) - My Nordic obsession continues, this time it's in Iceland.
5. Raised by Wolves (Series 1 & 2) - Alright babs? Very surprised Channel 4 didn't renew this. Caitlin Moran's attempt to use kickstarter to fund a third series failed but perhaps there's still life in series yet.