Hot on the heals of John Barry's passing was the news that The White Stripes had decided to officially split up. Not quite such earth shattering news but The White Stripes meant quite a lot to me for a few years. The announcement seemed a bit of an odd thing to do. They hadn't put an album out for four years (hadn't put a good album out for even longer), they haven't fallen out (there's only two in the band) and Jack's already involved in all sorts of other projects. Either way it seemed like an opportunity for me to revisit the bands back catalogue and remind myself why I loved them in the first place.
1. Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (from White Blood Cells)
2. Fell In Love With A Girl (from White Blood Cells)
3. Seven Nation Army (from Elephant)
4. Hello Operator (from De Stijl)
5. You're Pretty Good Looking (For a Girl) (from De Stijl)