Thursday 10 May 2012

Music Diary 2012 - Day 4

After a slow start following a late night due to the gig, I drove into work listening to the rest of "The Marble Downs" album I'd started yesterday.
"Ain't Nothing Wrong With A Little Longing"
"Excursions into Assonance"
"Every Time I Close My Eyes (We're Back There)"
"Love Is A Velvet Noose"


Which I finished off once I was in work.
"My Husband's Got No Courage In Him"
"Riding"
"Lord Bless All"


I then played the whole of Laura J Martin's album “The Hangman Tree” followed by Trembling Bells 2011 release “The Constant Pageant” and “Hot Toast volume 1” by Beth Jeans Houghton and the Hooves of Destiny.

I went for a run over lunch so switched my iPod to random shuffle mode and got an interesting mix of tunes. As Marc Riley often remarks, chalk-cheese, cheese-chalk.
“Stupidity” Solomon Burke
“Tear Ya Down” Motorhead
“The Lie” Black Lips
“Rosabel” Bella Hardy
“One Way Ticket” Aretha Franklin
“Bitter Branches” P.J. Harvey
“Distance by Clockwork” Neil Cowley Trio
“LB” Sweet Baboo
“Burn” The Low Anthem


Then back to work and sticking with the shuffle mode my afternoon flew past without me even realising what the time was. To be honest I think a few of these tunes passed me by as I was concentrating on other things but I particularly enjoyed North Sea Radio Orchestra, Mudhoney and Colourmusic.
“Morpheus Drone” North Sea Radio Orchestra
“Helpless To Turn” Burns Unit
“Rumble” Link Wray
“Heh Sah Lo Ney” Mickey Lee Lane
“It Doesn’t Have To Be Beautiful” Slow Club
“Exhibit #1” Angelfield
“Bust-Out Brigade” The Go! Team
“Apples and Pears” Slow Club
“SSMannkunt” Part Chimp
“Come On Youth” Slow Club
“A lack of Understanding” The Vaccines
“Keep Sakes” Sky Larkin
“Chapter 2” Joy Formidable
“Bone Marrow” The Black Lips
“To Have and to Have Not” Billy Bragg
“Dr Feelgood” Aretha Franklin
“Urban Guerilla” Mudhoney
“England” P.J. Harvey
“Whitby Harbour” Colourmusic
“Fish In The Dish” Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
“Reprise” Pete and the Pirates


Back home, after tea, I listened to a bit of Marc Riley's show live whilst I tidied up in the Kitchen.
Wrecking Ball - Call The Doctor
All I Want - Snatch
Scissor People - Ty Segall & White Fence
Two Kranes - The Liftmen


Finally hit the sack about 11 and put my old iPod classic on for half an hour to help me get to sleep (though I only just about remember the Smiths' track before I was completely sparko).
Funeral song - Sleater Kinney
Easy Money - Nick Cave
Brendan No. 1 -Fugazi
This Charming Man - The Smiths


.

No comments: