Sunday 19 July 2020

Chop’s Journal - 19 Jul 2020

I’m seriously running behind with these posts so actually writing this in early August & struggling to remember what, if anything, happened this week.


I did contribute to The London Ukulele Project’s charity single in a very small way. I recorded a very short piece of audio & video to help them create a chorus of over 100 ukes at the end of their version of “With A Little Help From My Friends”. You can see me in the video too. 


https://youtu.be/bNp-du1dUkQ





New SOTW


Dinosaurs On The Mountain - The Flaming Lips  


https://open.spotify.com/track/1oabTBniwctZ7yq1TzoFb0?si=HRFJAM7AQCqqIBlvJHtsJw


Music I’m enjoying


The Beths’ second album has been dominating my album listening this week. It’s an absolute joy and put a smile on my face every time I played it. 





Occasional Top Fives


Maybe this will be a fortnightly thing in between the A2Z lists. Not sure but I’ll see how it goes. This topic proved to be a good one with loads of different songs making a corking playlist which I’ve linked to below. This one wasn’t my idea so big thanks to @sharkastic for the suggestion. 


▪️ Top 5 Songs that mention other artists 

  1. Why Do They Never Play Les Savy Fav On The Radio?
  2. Daft Punk Is Playing At My House - LCD Soundsystem or Losing My Edge
  3. I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone - Sleater-Kinney 
  4. They Say I’m Different - Betty Davis
  5. History Lesson Part 2 - The Minutemen




Spotify Playlist with more suggestions:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2VB929IE5ti9DjynvXofqI?si=XkOeKlf8Thyo0KkWTpVK4w

No comments: