Thursday 18 February 2021

Chop’s Fives: Songs of Protest & Revolution

Over on Twitter, where these recent fives originated, the song theme topics have been really popular and I’ve tried to add all the suggestions to Spotify playlists. I’ll try and embed the link below. 


I ended up combining songs about Protest & Revolution as I had favourites that straddled both topics and thought it made the topic a little more open to interpretation. 






1. Oh Bondage! Up Yours by X-Ray Spex

2. Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine
 

3. The Revolution Will Not Be Televised by Gil Scott Heron

4. Fight The Power by Public Enemy
 

5. A Change Is Gonna Come by Aretha Franklin


2 comments:

Peter said...

lol why is that Type O Negative song in this playlist

Chopper said...

@Peter - The playlist is put together from suggestions I get on Twitter. I don’t really do any verification of those. If someone suggests a song it gets on the list :-)